Wednesday 20 April 2011

Over-rehearsed


Having the official one month countdown on the way, the nitty is starting to get very gritty to say the least. For the past 2 weeks, Mr. T and I have been going back and forth about what kind of dinner to have the day before the wedding. As we are having a registrar ceremony, there isn't going to be a formal ceremony rehearsal scheduled and we will be blitzing on flowers and decorations for as long as possible so it seems a luxury to allow ourselves (gasp) a sit-down meal.

My mother-in-law-to-be was lovely and offered to set up a backyard casserole dinner that evening, but I had real reservations about this. I was A) aware that we were lumping her with a wedding hangover BBQ on the Sunday after all the festivities, B) also aware that I would then NEVER LEAVE wedding HQ for any kind of break, C) concerned that, as lovely and wonderful as I find my MILTB, she does get easily stressed about things going smoothly, and D) having a slightly nostalgic feeling for the Chinese restaurant rehearsal dinners I've been to in the past. Mr. T was worried about the money and organising space for 30 people issues and very pro the 'mum' route, a perspective I can relate to. The back and forth has made me feel a bit like this, to be honest:
Finally, I've decided to put my foot down on this one and have an evening out with close friends and family before the big day. Mr. T is a superstar and is taking on all the arranging (bargain!) We are unable to fund the whole shebang, but are hoping that getting a fixed-price menu option for people and individual payment for drinks at the bar, this will be a reasonable option for those coming. Otherwise, I think it will be a pizza night!

On a related topic, how good an idea is a stress relief kit? I may be giving something like this to all my bestest gals!

1 comment:

  1. Sorry I am late to the party but I'm very interested in hearing about your wedding as we contemplated having our wedding in England for a very long time. I am totally pro taking control if it means you get your vision of your day, it's so important for it to be how you see it, it's the only one you'll get!

    ReplyDelete