Monday 25 July 2011

A change is as good as a vacation...

It has been ages since my last post and it seems like everything has been going by at warp speed. Married life has been great, if not principally different and I am currently on my first week of NO WORK! Of course, there are still millions of things to do in preparation for the big move to Kazakhstan.

We had our first big sendoff last week, with the packing up of all our heavy baggage. Because I am INGENIOUS and love my new husband so much, I decided it would be wonderful to lock myself out of the flat the morning of the movers arriving, just so I could spend an hour travelling to and from central London, visit my husband at work and mug him for his keys. That crisis averted, I set about trying to seperate what was going from what was not going(see pics).

It was certainly a hectic afternoon when the men arrived as we have a rabbit-hutch of a flat and three guys with many large boxes meant I spent most of my time on the balcony calling out orders. They did a sterling job though, very thorough and I wouldn't be surprised if all of my paintbrushes arrive individually wrapped! Fingers crossed everything arrives intact after their 2 month journey!


Some surprising items had to be left behind though as it will be sent via airfrieght. Apparently any type of printer is a no-go as there is a possiblity of ink cartridges being used as explosives. I argued that we could easily take them out, but it was to no avail. Booze is sadly off the allowable goods list too (travesty!). I may have snuck some small ice wines in though...

All in all, we took up a whole 63 boxes with the stuff in our flat! That's not even counting the wedding gifts that have been sent directly to their warehouse (we get to avoid VAT, value added tax, this way).

So now we are really testing the marraige living in a flat with no tv, games, books, radio, music players or laptop (my powercord fell in with the frieght)!

Soon to come, hopefully... Wedding recap with pictures, honeymoon coverage and reboot of the site...

1 comment:

  1. Whew! Moving to a new country is crazy stressful, hope you guys are taking it easy! Can't wait to see your recaps!

    ReplyDelete